Our vision is to preserve The Kings Arms for the benefit of the community and to ensure its future as a thriving community pub.
Benefiting the community
Community ownership enables the village to secure and safeguard the pub in perpetuity.
This represents a fantastic and ongoing opportunity for Stockland and nearby villages and hamlets to strengthen the vibrancy and sustainability of our community.
As a Community Benefit Society, we continuously encourage our tenant to:
- Provide a place to meet friends and neighbours and help to improve social cohesion.
- Become a central point for information on community events and local issues.
- Maintain and improve the fabric of the building.
- Create opportunities for local employment.
- Boost the local economy by buying and selling locally sourced produce.
- Provide a hospitality venue for local groups, tourists, weddings and funerals etc.
Community ownership of the Kings Arms allows it to be More than a Pub for Stockland and the surrounding area.
Despite the impact of Covid-19, our tenant Ben Walker (pictured above) has introduced new social amenities in the form of :
- Live music every Sunday afternoon.
- Good coffee served in the relaxing lounge.
- Support for local charitable initiatives.
- Providing a ‘shop window’ for local produce.
- Return of the skittles leagues with regular games three nights a week.
- The skittle alley is also used as a venue for parties and hosting the Young Farmers.
- Hosting local social groups such as the Book Club and Tennis Club.