Stockland Community Pub Limited (“SCPL”) owns and operates scpl.org.uk, and it is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Like most website operators, SCPL collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. SCPL’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how SCPL’s visitors use its website. From time to time, SCPL may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
SCPL also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on this site. SCPL only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible to the administrators of the website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
At their own discretion, visitors to this website may choose to interact with SCPL in two ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information:
- If you choose to opt-in and subscribe to our Newsletter, we will ask you to provide us with a user name and email address.
- If you choose to use the ‘Contact us’ facility to leave a comment or ask a question, we will ask you to supply your name, contact email address and your comment/question.
In each case, SCPL collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with SCPL. SCPL does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
SCPL may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website. SCPL may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, SCPL does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
SCPL discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those members of its Management Committee that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on SCPL’s behalf or to provide services available on the website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. SCPL will not rent, sell or divulge any of your personal information to any third party, except in response to a court order or other governmental request, or when SCPL believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of SCPL, third parties or the public at large. If you are a user of this website and have signed up for our Newsletter, SCPL will send you regular emails to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, and to keep you up to date with our latest news. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. SCPL takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
data collected by scpl via the share offer form
In order to apply to become a shareholder and member of SCPL, you must fill out a printed copy of the Share Offer Form (available for download from the SCPL website); sign all of the pages that are applicable to you, and return it to the registered office.
SCPL adheres to the principles of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Requirement, even though it is exempt from registration with the Information Commissioner as a not-for-profit organisation, and will use and process personal data only for the purposes of the Society.
We will keep your personal information secure and up to date, and will:
- only use it for the purposes for which it was gathered, and
- not keep it longer than necessary
Personal data will be used solely for the purpose of maintaining a register of members as required by the rules of the Society, and for communicating with members. We will not share any members’ personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) with any third parties whatsoever, unless we are required to do so by law.
Members’ financial information, such as amounts invested, loans and donations, and interest paid will be treated as strictly confidential, and will not be shared even within the Management Committee except as necessary for managing the Society (e.g. when making decisions about whether withdrawal requests can be funded).
Members’ personal and financial data will be held on the hard drive of a single computer, and will not be transferred by email or any other electronic means except for the purposes of making back-ups to a USB device for disaster recovery purposes. Such devices will be kept under lock in a fireproof safe.
Written correspondence and Share Application Forms from members will be kept in a lockable file at the registered office.
terms and conditions of the share offer
- This share offer runs from 18 May 2018 until 30 June 2018. The Management Committee may opt to extend the offer period for a further 3 months at its sole discretion.
- The minimum shareholding is 100 shares, and each share has a nominal value of £1.00. This means that the minimum permitted investment is £100.
- The maximum shareholding under this offer is 50,000 shares with a nominal value of £50,000.
- All shares must be paid for in full on application.
- All investors will become members of the Society and entitled to vote on matters affecting the Society.
- All members will have one vote regardless of the number of shares they hold.
- All members must be aged 18 or over.
- The Management Committee reserves the right to refuse applications at its absolute discretion.
- All investment monies received will be ‘ring-fenced’, and if the Society is unsuccessful in purchasing the Kings Arms, they will be returned promptly.
- Shares are not transferable other than in certain exceptional circumstances such as death or bankruptcy of a member, and they cannot be sold, only withdrawn.
- Members may apply to the society to withdraw their shares. Applications for withdrawal are unlikely to be accepted during the first four years after the closing date of this share issue.
YOU SHOULD THEREFORE VIEW THIS AS A LONG TERM INVESTMENT AND REVIEW YOUR FINANCES ACCORDINGLY.
- Withdrawals can only be funded from trading surpluses or new share capital and are discretionary, being subject to the Management Committee’s satisfaction that withdrawal is consistent with the long term interests of the society.
- The value of each share cannot increase above its nominal value of £1.00. You should be aware that the value of shares may be reduced if the value of the Society’s assets falls substantially.
- As a member your liability is limited to the value of your shares.
- The Society aims to pay interest on shares after four years, after which we intend to pay our members 2% interest, subject to the financial performance of the Society and at the sole discretion of the Management Committee. Over time, the level of interest paid to members may vary. Our Governance Rules specify the maximum interest we are able to pay (i.e. not more than the Bank of England base rate plus 2%, and in any event not more than 5%).
- Stockland Community Pub Limited is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Community shares are primarily to support a social return and not for financial gain. This share offer is not regulated by the FCA. There is no right of complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service and nor can investors apply to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- ID may be requested from any applicants paying for shares from a Non UK bank.